September 18, 2011

Cervical Repair Done

I got home last night Sat. the 17th but was too tired to post.

They had to open the entire incision to get at the screws and rods. I got to keep the hardware they removed. The surgery was supposed to be 1-1/2hrs but it was 3. I am in pain due to the surgery, of reopening, moving the nerves and muscles around etc.....

But the horrible pain I was having when I sat up or stood for more than 15mins is gone. Thank God.

I am back to wearing my neck brace again for 6 weeks or longer, go in on Friday the 23rd to get the staples removed. I have a nurse coming in everyday to give me Arixtra shots (heparin) until I am therapeutic in regards to my INR. I have to have daily dressing changes by them as well since I can not do it.

I will be needing more therapy and muscle massage without any Range Of Motion, this will take place after my brace comes off.


As for my girlfriend's funeral I was told it was nice. My friends gave me all the papers that were handed out which was nice. She is in a better place now.


Other than that it is one day at a time until I am healed. Again thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: