April 13, 2010

Aren't Friends Wonderful

I have many friends that I laugh and cry with. Then I have friends I just talk to on the phone, some I email and some I just pray for.

I have a special girlfriend I have known for years dating back to my home in West Allis. I think I have known her at least 25 yrs. The reason why I even mention this is because she even emails me to tell me she misses my blog and that it is time to update. I think if it wasn't for her every couple months reminding me I would totally forget. Thanks Carol you are very special to me.

As long as I am on the subject I would like to tell you about our relationship and how it became so special. When I first met Carol we bonded immediately we both had children around the same ages. Anyway as time went on she had a few more children - but she had a health condition is which she needed my help - to drive her children to school. So I would send off my children to school - drive to her house - and try to put her children in my car (station wagon) - but it wasn't big enough so I needed to drive her children in their van. To me the hugest van I ever saw - and I had to drive in rush hour traffic with someone else's children to and from school. It was only for a few months because they were going to move to another town and then begin to home school.

Now you are probably wondering why I even mentioned this, well here's why. 21 years later after many of her children were out of her home we were talking about vehicles, we were talking about the same van she had way back in the days of school age children and I got to talking about my transporting her children to school and I finally told her how everyday I was scared to death to drive her van I had white knuckles. I didn't have the heart to tell her because she was my friend and friends do whatever they can to help one another. We laughed so hard when we talked about it. She said why didn't you tell me? Why I said, there wasn't anything you could do about it - you couldn't drive the children to school and besides that's what friend are for.

She has finally given up that van from 25 years ago. Oh the memories of that van. Thanks Carol for your friendship, thanks for being there for me and for reminding me it's time to blog. Love Ya.

No comments: