September 08, 2011

I'm in need of a repair

Yes you heard right - I'm in need of a repair. My cervical hardware has decided to come a part. I currently have 3 screws that came out of the vertebrae.

Tuesday the 13th I'll be having the screws taken out and replaced. My understanding is they will take out the current screws, fill the holes and drill new holes to accommodate the new screws.

This will not be day surgery, as the Dr told us - it will be to painful for the first few days I'll be put on a pain pump. Should stay in the hospital for about 3 days then go home.

Now I can say I am a pain in the neck and I have a few screws loose. Go ahead and laugh everyone does.

To see the hardware I am talking about go to
http://www.aesculapimplantsystems.com/assets/base/doc/DOC859-S4CervicalSystemBrochure.pdf

I tried to copy the picture but I couldn't. You do not need to read the entire brochure, but it does explain all the equipment used and what they did in the first place on June 6th.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wishing you a safe and uneventful surgery along with a speedy, well-managed recovery! You are in my thoughts!

Hugs,
Michelle

Colleen said...

I'll be praying for you, Deb! Well, I do anyway, but I will be praying this surgery will go well, and you won't be in terrible pain afterward! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, Deb! Just wanted to catch up with ya and can see ya are still having lots of fun! I keep ya in my prayers, sorry to hear that ya need some new hardware and this includes yet another surgery! HUGS :))