October 31, 2008

A typical day for me

I can't believe it has been a year since my PH diagnosis. Life feels like it is at a stand still.

Last week I thought I had the flu, with a fever of 101.8, sickness every time I turned over. By Sunday evening I started to get extreme pain in my "heart" area. Went to my primary care clinic and they ran tests which sent me to the hospital for more tests. My regular Dr. called me and told me to go to the ER to have my heart checked out - she didn't like my test results.

At the ER - their tests showed I had a sinus infection as well as an inflamed heart muscle called 'Myocarditis". Not a good thing I am learning. I am on antibiotics for the infections will go back to my primary Dr on Monday. More tests will be done to see if I need more antibiotics.

On Thursday, Nov 6th I have to have an PFT, 6mw as well as seeing my PH doctor. Nov. 11th I will see a new Cardio Surgeon, to let me know if he can fix the hole in my heart or what else he can do.

That's it for now - I am still not doing well. I write when I can.

No comments: