February 19, 2009

A Brief Update

James 1:2-4 says ~ Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (New American Standard Bible)

a brief update since surgery - at present i can only type with one hand so i am not using capital letters so please bear with me. . .

yes, my swallowing is getting better, i am staying on soft foods to be on the safe side. my pills only have to be broken down to 1/4's which is much better than it was, i had to try to crush them. sitting is tolerable with ice packs, laying down is getting better. staying on the pain pills every 4hrs helps.

i have a call into my surgeon about my left arm - besides the 14+ pain i am in (based on their pain scale 1-10), i can't use my left arm at all if it requires bending it.

i know it has to do with the un-pinching of the nerves because my pain meds are not with this. it is not red, there is no warm areas, no lumps, no swelling, so i am thinking it isn't a clot. i have had those in the arm before this doesn't feel like that.

it is like a straight line coming from my arm pit area of my arm all the way down to my palm via the ulnar nerve.

please pray with me that this goes away, it is very hard to do everything one handed and the Grace to get through this. i pray it is temporary and will get better. keeping my left arm hanging down does help. while typing i just lay it on my lap.

i have been reading the blogs as often as i can, i am praying, just not able to comment at this time, please forgive me. thanks for your prayer and support, i will be back when i can.

No comments: