February 10, 2009

Standing Firm


Psalm 18:1-2 “I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”

Matthew 28:20 "Surely I am with you always."

We are never to look ahead to changes and challenges in our lives with fear. We should like look at them with the full assurance that God will deliver us out of them. Hold on to His hand tightly so He can lead us through all things. And when we can not stand, He will carry us.

He will either shield us from suffering or give us the grace and strength to get through it. We are to be at peace and not have anxious thoughts or worries. What can worry add to our lives? Nothing, so why worry just leave it in His hands.

That is how I feel entering into my neck surgery 2/11/09 with total assurance that God will take me through it without harm. I am at peace knowing He will protect me and will guide the surgeons hands. He will help with my healing whether it is with medications or just a simple touch from the Masters' hand.

I will be off my computer for probably one week. Thanks in advance for your prayers. Talk to you soon. May all who read be blessed as well as their families. Love Deb.

No comments: