December 09, 2008

Finally an update from me

John 15:5 and 15:8 [Jesus said,] “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.’”



Hi here in Waukesha, WI we are supposed to get up to 10" of snow today, I am not going anywhere - tomorrow is questionable, I'm suppose to go to church to do the attendance folders as a volunteer. ~ Not exactly my back yard but it is close ~

A Little Update on me:

The hole (PFO) or flap as the Dr calls it - is wide open 24/7 needs to be repaired (closed) - one hitched my Neurologist has to give "proof" that I had TIA's (mini strokes) this summer not just suggestive of. We are working on that. The Neurologist office called today to tell me they will contact the heart dr. to let him know about the TIA's. My Neurologist is the one who realized I was having them and ran the tests.

The pressures in my heart suggest severe (exercise induced) pulmonary hypertension. Meaning I can't do anything without having severe shortness of breath. My oxygen levels are the opposite of many - my 02 is low then as soon as I do anything it goes up. Just the gagging during the procedure Friday told them I have a problem. Still the ? - is it coming from the heart or the lungs? This is a preliminary answer to the TEE - that I had done on Friday - all the results will be back by next Wednesday.

Wed. the 17th my heart Dr is going to do an exercise right heart cath. to check the pressures in my pulmonary artery which is still enlarged. The Dr. said that test will tell him where the problem is. Then they can start treating me with the right drugs.

Besides having the above problems my hands have been becoming more numb, which causes typing problems. A couple of my friends and I chat via audio or webcam, it helps me not to use my hands or fingers. My neck surgery is scheduled for Feb. 11th at which time they will free up the nerves so my hands will work properly again. In the mean time I will post as I can, I read daily and pray for those in need. Thanks for reading Deb.

No comments: