December 14, 2008

Sunshine through the Clouds.



Isaiah 60:1-2 NIV "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the LORD rises upon you and his glory appears over you.

Numbers 6:24-26 NIV "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."

I started writing my this yesterday but was too tired to finish it - so I am finishing it today. I realized that there is NOT a day that goes by and His Grace is always there no matter what.

I finally went to church to work on the attendance folders, was all set up working on the computer, (a computer I use when no one is at the spot). Then the person who works at the church for pay, came in asking for her computer suggesting I can you work somewhere else. I just looked at her and said "sure I don't mind moving". I was told I could work there by the office manager - telling me no one uses that computer on Saturdays.

You are probably wondering why I am even talking about this - simple, God's Grace came over me. To move for me meant taking all my stuff - folders, supplies, coat and much more. For me as many know simple tasks are hard and difficult, it is just a struggle just to do the work, so to move was an issue for me - But it was if God was prompting me to move and let her work there. So I went to another computer in one of the Pastor's office to do my work. (I have permission to work there, if he isn't in on that day). The thing that hit me was I could have said many things - but I didn't - I just moved. Aren't we suppose to do things without complaining?

As it turned out I got all my work done up until Jan 09'. Had I been in the front office there would have been to many interruptions and my work would have been delayed - people were coming and going all morning. It pays to do what is right.

Every time I went to the printer for my paper work people stopped by and said hi - did double takes - and would say oh Debbie it's you, really you? At least 4 people looked at me very oddly and made comments like - "wow, you look great", "your face is glowing", "you must be feeling better", "what have you been up to" we don't see you in church. In those moments God had given me the Grace to handle the comments only saying thank you, and I'm okay. As much as I wanted to tell them what was going on, I didn't - I don't think they would have wanted to take the time to listen, I know they would not have understood or excepted it "because I looked great" there can't be anything wrong with me or as much! The Lord knows what wrong with me - my doctors know - and so do my pastors and their wives - as well as my close friends.

Following work I went to lunch with some very dear friends of mine - we talked for about an hour. It was such a good time - we exchanged Christmas Gifts and had a very blessed time. We try to get together at least one time in 4 months - because I can't get to church often.

Then I went shopping for some much needed food - came home totally wiped out - too much for one day. So I rested, went to bed early and awoke at 8:30am. Today I had to begin my heparin shots (it helps prevent blood clots) which makes me sick - so I had to stay home and writing my blog. I will be on the shots for 2 weeks before and after my heart catheterization on Wednesday.

It is amazing to me that no matter how sick I can be - the light of the Lord shines through the clouds and makes me look great. Thank you Lord. Now to only feel as good as I look a healing needs to take place for many. God's Grace is sufficient for me.

No comments: