December 15, 2008

Needing God's Direction

Matthew 6:33-34 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.



Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

As the above scriptures state we are to Seek God first - not worry about tomorrow - and He knows the plans He has for me. (My Paraphrase)

This is where I live, in these apartments. Been here 4yrs, I love being here it is like - I'm a princess in a castle. It is as gorgeous in the inside as it is outside. I would love to remain living here. When I moved here the Lord showed me a picture of the building the very one you see here. I went for my tour - and signed the papers the next day. I moved in 2 weeks later.

Today I lay in His hands the proposed rent increase. I am asking for God's direction for this matter. Myself and 7 others were given notice today that as of the end of our leases (mine is Aug. 31, 2009) we will have to give notice to move by July 1, or pay an additional 180.00 a month increase in rent. Since all 8 of us receive help through low income housing I'm asking for prayers that the housing dept. be accepting of the increase and allow us to stay without costing us the entire 180.00 a month. If we have to pay the full increase plus our current rent all 8 of us will most likely have to move. We were presented with other options so that is why the need for prayer - Will you please help me pray for God's direction in my life? Thank you very much for praying with me. I will update on this matter as soon as I know more.

I can't worry about where I am to live or how will I pay for it - the Lord provides for us. All we are to do is bring it to Jesus and lay it at His feet. And that is what I am doing.

Thank you, Deb

No comments: