January 01, 2009

Yesterday is Past -



“This is what the Lord says, ‘Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.’” Isaiah 43:16,18,19.


It is with a heavy heart I am writing today - I tried to write yesterday but I just couldn't, so with prayers I begin a new day. We can't change the past or last year but we can make a difference today by standing strong in the Lord.

Jan 1, 2009

Psalm 46:12 says - God is our protector and our strength. He always helps in times of trouble.

The reason for today's post is for us to let go and let God. Have you ever felt like you needed to get away? I know I have, I am feeling like that right now. Jesus has felt that way also (Mark 1:35). How about all the demands - there are so many you can't even take the time for lunch? Jesus can relate (Mark 6:31). What about your friends and family members, have they let you down? When Jesus needed help from His friends they dozed off (Matthew 26:40).....

When we turn to Jesus for help, He runs to us to help. Why? He knows how we feel, He has been there. So please go to Him tell Him your need......He will help.

As I have been reading and praying many things have come to mind that need our attention, and we need to give our needs to Jesus, we are not to carry the burden alone ... Let go and let God.

On the lower right hand side of my entries are many people under the title (My Unique Phriends), I write to them, and pray for them, they need our help. As you read the blogs you might feel the way I feel - that our problems aren't as bad as we might think. We are to put others first and our selves last - that is what I am doing. My problems are small compared to my Phriends. Please join me by reading their blogs and praying for them. I have a prayer list with many names - it isn't my place to say what they are in need of, but God knows - and we are called to lift one another up no matter what the need is....

Here are a few I am allowed to mention: Mason, Cassie, Becky all young adults in dire need of Lung transplants. Without the transplant they might not survive. All living with severe PH. Nikolas the 1 yr old is at home and struggling, in need of prayers. There is Rhett a little boy 3 yrs old with down syndrome who needs our prayers. Not only does he have PH he has much more health issues than you can imagine. Please go to their blogs and read about them.

Then there is the battles in Israel - we know people there - my girlfriend is one - they are in need of prayer for safety. I can't mention their names - but they are on my prayer list.

Maralyn - she a beautiful woman diagnosed with ALS 18 months ago - the day after Christmas she wrote a letter to her family which she shares with us - please read her blog and pray for her. A miracle can still happen.

As for me - I am struggling with much pain in my neck/arms and hands, as I mentioned awhile ago it causes me to have problems with typing, so blogging can't be everyday but my prayers go on. My prayer is for a total healing - if not, the surgery will go on as planned Feb. 11th. I have been told I will get worse before I get better.

I had to have a special test done, called galactogram and it came back abnormal. I will have to have breast surgery soon, it isn't scheduled yet, just got the news on Dec. 31st. As for my exercise induced PH - I am still waiting to get in to see the doctor, with the holidays - no openings. With the right medicines I will be able to function better.

With God's help I too will continue on the path He has chosen for me. May the Lord Bless each and everyone of you, may your new year be brighter and healthier. Love Deb.

No comments: