November 29, 2008

Comfort From Above


My Grace is Sufficient ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 ~ But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Many of you who read my blog are probably been wondering why I haven't written lately! Let me share why....

1)the new medication I am taking has been making me very dizzy and sick, more than I already am - I am having trouble concentrating. It seems just moving my eyes makes things worse.

2)the nerves in my hands are getting worse so typing has been just a tad difficult. Thank you for spell checker. I can't feel my fingers on the keyboard - I have many pinched nerves in my neck causes this - so with God's help I will keep getting my blog out - just not everyday.

Over the last couple days as I was praying for others I realized how much I rely on the Word of God to get me through from one day to the next. I can't get through a day without His help, guidance, comfort and strength. Have you realized where your strength to go on, comes from?

The God of All Comfort ~ 2 Corinthians 1:3-7 ~ Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

May the Lord touch each and everyone of you that reads my blog with comfort and strength, send Blessings to them all, Amen.

No comments: