November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving


Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests by made known to God.

Thanksgiving is a time of year that most people get together to have a special meal and say a prayer for the food and go around the room saying one thing they are thankful for. But for me being a Christian, thanksgiving should be everyday. A prayer given to the Lord saying how thankful we are for all that we have not just asking for things.

Times are rough for many, finances are low, food is minimal and families are at awe with one another. I'm no exception - life it self can be unpleasant. Despite all that is going on around me I have to put Jesus first and thank Him for my life. I thank Him for the food I have, the clothes I wear, the monies I have. I thank Him for my medications I take daily, for my friends that I have. I thank Him for taking care of me.

The call I received a call today was telling me that I will continue to receive 2 free hot meals a week, you might think so, the thing is I called her days ago telling her, she could stop giving to me and give to someone else who really could use them more. She surprised me by saying that I was more in need than anyone else she could think of. She will keep delivering these two hot meals until she felt I didn't need them. There are people reading this blog that don't realize making simple meals are very hard, bending over to put in or take out of the oven can cause me to have trouble breathing. So these hot meals are a blessing.

We were on the phone for about an hour - me thanking her about a dozen times for the meals and telling her how much appreciate what she is doing for me. Then she asked what was wrong with me and ask about PH. I told her my story - come to find out - her best friend passed away from PH awhile ago - she knows what PH was and is but never knew anyone else with it until today. She said she I told you, you are in need of these meals. Though I feel there is someone else out in my area that might need theses meals more - I will receive them with a thankful heart.

The Lord works in mysterious ways - so please be thankful no matter what - be a blessing to someone today. May you and yours have a very Blessed Holiday.

No comments: