November 23, 2008

In All Things Be Thankful

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise.
Give thanks to Him; bless His name. For the Lord is good;
His loving kindness is everlasting, And His faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 100:4-5.

There is always something to be thankful for, not just on Thanksgiving but everyday. Today am thankful for my life. Maybe it's your home, the car you drive, transportation, your family, your friends, your clothes, your food, your finances. The medications, the doctors and nurses, caretakers in your life. These are just a few things to be thankful for on a daily basis. Some go without. I have given my life to the Lord so I can be used to do His work, it doesn't matter what He has called me to do, or if I will be healed as long as I have Him besides me.

Because of your prayers for a few of the many who have PH, they are being touched by God, and that is something to be thankful for.

Mason - has his ventilator off - he is responding in nods and small words. Still in ICU but doing better.

Cassie - is now home and resting, bleeding has stopped.

Shirley - is improving daily.

Little Nikolas - is improving in baby steps, still have a long way to go, but he is still with us.

As for me I'm still here - doing what I can - each day is always different. Today I had all intentions of going to church. I got up in plenty of time, but I was so swollen I looked up and realized I forgot to take my water pill yesterday. I have to take this daily or I fill up with fluid everywhere including my heart. Once I take it, it's like the commercial - I go and go......

I sit here today thinking and thanking God for all He does for me just by asking. It is hard at times to be joyful and thankful when we are going through so much, but it is how I get through my days.

Here is a little something that also helps me keep going - A simple prayer:

Lord, help me believe in what I could be, and all that I am.
Show me the stairway I have to climb.
Lord, for my sake, teach me to take one day at a time.

We should always take one step at a time, and one day at a time. Sometimes it might mean taking a minute at a time or even a half a day at a time. It doesn't matter - we never know what tomorrow will hold for us. God will teach us which way to go if we ask Him. And always thank Him for the way He has chosen for you it does make life easier.

No comments: