November 20, 2008

The Difference ~


Mason - Colleen just got off the phone with Janet. Mason is improving a little every day! He's being weaned slowly off the sedation, so he has been much more alert. He is still on the ventilator, but he is starting to breathe a little on his own. The respiratory therapists are working with him every day. He is able to respond to questions by shaking his head yes or no. His doctor is very pleased with how Mason has been improving. I told her we all knew he was a fighter, and he is proving us right!

Shirley - Is the one who just recently had a heart and double lung transplant, she still is in need of prayer, she came home briefly to a relatives house, only to have to be re-admitted in the hospital again.

Nikolas - A 1 yr old is fighting for his life. Now with a blood infection on top of everything else that is wrong with him.

Cassie - A teen in the hospital bleeding from her lungs, they believe they finally have it under control.

When does it end - so many in the hospital - in need of our prayers. Lord I can't even think about myself lately. There are so many more sicker than I am, in much more need of prayer than myself. I briefly talked to my pastor yesterday - telling him all that has been going on. Telling him all I have been doing lately is praying for others - that their need is greater than mine. I am prayer for a miracle for many. Strength to the families of these mentioned they have so much to deal with they can't possibly do it on their own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is a card I keep on my desk as a reminder -
it reads --


The Difference

I got up early one morning
and rushed right into the day.
I had so much to accomplish
that I didn't have time to pray.

Problems just tumbled about
me, and heavier came each task.
"Why doesn't God help me?"
I wondered.
He answered, "You didn't ask."

I wanted to see joy and beauty,
but the day toiled gray ad bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me.
He said, "But you didn't seek."

I tried to come into God's presence;
I used all my keys at the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided,
"My child, you didn't knock."

I woke early this morning,
and paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish
that I had to take time to pray.


If we don't take the time for Him, how can we expect Him to take the time for us. It is a two way street. He will never leave us or forsake us, but we have to except Him into our lives.

No comments: