November 16, 2008

What does your name mean?

In 1984 when I became a christian someone gave me a book mark with my name on it. I have kept it to this day. DEBBIE "The Seeker" Psalm 34:10 ....but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. Proverbs 22:1 A good name is more desirable than great riches....

I have never wondered about my name because I am who I am always seeking to know things, always wanting to find the answer to many questions. I am the kind of person who always tries find different ways of doing things. I am always seeking to know what more the Lord has for me. Or should I say what more can I do for Him.

I am never without the things that I need: food, clothing, shelter, medicines, a car, gas for the car, rides, friends and money even if it is a small amount. The extra stuff is like great riches to me, which I really do not need them, I lack nothing. God is my provider of all things I need.

Isaiah 41:10, says - Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Is a scripture that I live by, it goes hand in hand with the fact I lack nothing He will always provide.

Today is Sunday a Church day, but since I am still on restriction until Tuesday, my home is church, God is always here. I miss my church family very much but my health is more important right now. God knows my heart. I have spent much of my day in prayer - that are so many in need of our prayers, if I can't go to church I will wait upon the Lord.

No comments: