November 10, 2008

A New Day



I have been praying about different things I could do on my blog site and it came to me to start each one with a scripture of the day.

Today is from Job 37:5-6 - "God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’”

Did you ever wonder about how all things are made? Where they came from? So many things are beyond my understanding. As for diseases in this world - too many to count - yet we still get them - some of us pass away from them - some people lose the ability to speak, see, walk, yet they keep going. You are probably wondering why I am writing this - it is simple I am asking questions to God as to why!

He sent His only begotten Son to die on the Cross so that we may live, He took the beating so we wouldn't have to, He bore our sins and carried our diseases so we can live. He did all these awesome things for us - and what did we do to deserve them - nothing!

So as I write this today I am pondering "why"! I am ever so grateful for what the Lord has done for me that I need not ask why, I need to be thankful that today is another day I can live.

No where in the Bible does it say we will be without sickness or disease, no one is without, except Jesus. What it does say in scripture that when we get to heaven He shall "wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." Rev. 21:4.

This disease PH and many others without a cure or a healing people simple pass away. Yes, we have medications to take which I believe is provided for us as a way of Jesus helping us to get to another day. He provides the Drs., Nurses, treatments for our own good - we need to keep taking a day at a time, one step in front of the other. Like the phrase in Footsteps in the sand, we only see one set of footsteps because Jesus is caring us, our burdens can be light if we give them to Him.

If we can't physically walk - He provides wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, crutches and canes. If we can't speak - He provides typewriters, computers, letters, pens and paper. If we can't see - He provides seeing eye dogs, people to help, sign language. If we have trouble breathing - He provides air in the form of oxygen. So if only for only a day, today let us be thankful for what we have and not what we don't.

We have one life to live so why not live it thankfully?

No comments: